LAC Group manages climate-controlled, state-of-the-art vaults for film elements and magnetic media, including videotape and sound recordings.
We maintain full chain-of-custody procedures to ensure security. Your assets are carefully entered into an inventory management system with all available metadata. Throughout the workflow, they are scanned to an in-progress work location or a shelf if archiving in one of our film vaults.
The cornerstone of our reputation is that we can verify and inspect the contents of every reel and report our findings to you.
Film inspection clean room
Hand inspections and repairs are performed in a Class 10,000 clean room, with film technicians wearing lab coats and lint-less inspection gloves:
- Special room construction insures particulates are kept to a minimum.
- Recirculating air passes through HEPA filters.
- Work stations use Pure Aire cabinets to maintain a clean work environment.
- Clean room certification is met on an annual basis.
Secure, climate-controlled archival vaults
Each vault has been specially constructed to meet archival storage requirements:
- ANSI IT9.11 compliance for controlled temperature at 45 degrees and 25% relative humidity, providing a tightly-controlled environment to safeguard your collection against adverse elements and threats.
- Each vault sealed with 5-inch polyurethane foam panels, sandwiched with steel.
- Careful monitoring by specialized software for maintaining consistent temperatures around-the-clock.
Archive risk management
LAC Group’s vaults are among the safest in the world against environmental threats like fire or water damage:
- Air is continually sampled by a VESDA system tied to an FM 200 gas fire suppression system.
- Insulated vault walls and ceilings provide a three-hour fire shell.
- Pre-action (dry pipe) sprinkler systems offer fire protection with an added level of control that prevents water damage from inadvertent discharge.
- Support structure was engineered for seismic activity, including hi-density storage units secured with anti-tip seismic bracing.
LAC Group takes the responsibility of caring for your assets very seriously, with comprehensive procedures for chain-of-custody control.
- Bar-coding with real-time updates for location accuracy.
- Entrances controlled and secured by electronic card key, accessible only by authorized employees.
- Closed-circuit cameras record digitally around-the-clock to monitor building perimeter and strategic interior locations, including all vault entrances.
- Management personnel accompany all other persons to sensitive areas.
Finally, our people are the difference. They’re considered the best in the film preservation business, which means no matter what condition your collection is in, it will be enhanced and organized.
Protect your investment and meet your preservation goals with media and archive services from LAC Group.